What You Can Do
Register To Be a Lupus Advocate
Please register to be a Lupus Advocate. We need all the lupus patients and interested parties we can sign-up to help us advocate for improved state and federal heath care policies that will improve the lives of lupus patients and their families. It won’t take that much time and you will gain a great deal of satisfaction in supporting us all.
Some of the actions lupus advocates may be asked to take include:
- Sending letters, e-mails or faxes to their state and federal representatives (sample scripts will be provided)
- Attend town hall and other meetings as needed to address health care issues that may relate to lupus patients.
- Share your own personal lupus stories to help educate and build awareness.
- Participate in local TV, radio or newspaper interviews to reach a wider audience.
Please register me!
Spread the Word
One of the most positive improvements we have seen in the last twenty years is an increased awareness of lupus and its impact on patients and their families. We still have a long way to go before we reach a stage where almost everyone in the country is at least somewhat familiar with this terrible disease. That’s why we need your help to spread the word.
Some ways you can spread the word are:
- Become a volunteer with your local lupus organization.
- Meet personally with your local and federal representatives to educate them about lupus and share your interest in supporting health care initiatives that may benefit lupus patients. They need to know.