Lupus in the News
New in Lupus in the News
2010 has been a year filled with information about lupus, advertising campaigns about lupus, and the release and research into new drugs and treatments for lupus, more than any other year before.
This page will be updated as these new stories and developments occur, allowing everyone to keep up-to-date on everything from celebrities with lupus, TV shows mentioning lupus, government campaigns about lupus and more
If you hear or see a story about lupus in the news that you think we should post on this page, please contact us at Lupus Alliance Media.
- Stike Out Lupus Raises $826!
- The Lupus Alliance of Michigan Loses a Friend: Mida Giragosian
- Nick Cannon Debuts 'Health Hustle' Video Series
- Nick Cannon Debuts 'Health Hustle' Video Series Documenting Recovery From Kidney Failure
- The Revolution with Toni Braxton
- Watch our Board Member and owner of ButYouDontLookSick.Com, Christine Miserandino, talk to Toni Braxton about Lupus on this weeks The Revolution.
- Lupus on TV
- Lupus, plays a major part in some new episodes of Royal Pains.
- Snoop Dogg on the View
- Snoop Dogg and his wife talk about their daughter`s recent diagnosis with lupus.
- Love Simple
- Love Simple, the lupus romance movie released this past summer.
- Men and Lupus on the Dr. Oz show
- The Dr. Oz show talks about men and lupus.
- Snoop Dogg and his daughter`s fight against Lupus
- Earlier this month, Rap star Snoop Dogg talked openly about his daughter`s diagnosis and fight against lupus, and how it has brought his family closer together.
- The new Oprah.Com Lupus page
- The Ad Council was thrilled to announce this week the launch of the Oprah.com micro site featuring the Lupus Awareness National campaign, a campaign the Lupus Alliance and its affiliates have been proud to be a part of since its launch late last year.
- Lupus and Lady GaGa
- May is lupus awareness month, and once again another celebrity has put lupus front and center in the news. Lady Gaga announced recently that she has been tested for lupus, but has not disclosed the results of the test. Lupus is a chronic disorder of the immune system that causes inflammation of various parts of the body. For many people, lupus is mild, affecting only a few body organs: for others, it may cause serious and life threatening problems.
- The LAA Statement regarding the Miss. Oklahoma Controversy
- As many of you may have seen in the news this past week, Miss Oklahoma, Morgan Woolard, made some statements about lupus. Ms. Woolard, as stated in a pageant interview, spoke about her lupus, and makes claims that she was “cured”.
- Simon Cowell`s ex-girlfriend, Terri Seymour announces she has Lupus
- Terri Seymour, a reporter for Entertainment Tonight, and former girlfriend of Simon Cowell`s, revealed that she has had lupus since she was modeling at 18 years old.